Monday, January 11, 2010

A Few Thoughtful Vignettes

If you can't see love until it kicks you in the head you will find that you may be forcing love to kick you in the head. Wake up and look for love. It often looks suspiciously like the thing you feared the most. The chastisement you know you deserve but dread more than you can put in words. The person you think is kicking you in the head for the joy of it. It takes many forms but only one purpose; Bringing you back into the arms of love.


We have abbreviated our lives into neat little bites. We are proud of our ability to multi-task and yet we are losing our ability to focus on one aspect of anything for more than a few minute...

Sports are a great metaphor for life......

Uhmmmm. Oh! Where was I? Oh yeah. We are losing our ability to stay focused on any one thing for more than a few minutes. We have assigned our deep thoughts to those who are deep thinkers. We have put off philosophy as a College credit and not an overarching method of living and understanding life. If you attempt, in polite conversation, to put more than one concept on the table, you will clear the table. You are labelled as a "Brainiac" or some kind of head case. We should be able to think through several concepts and link them together into an intelligent thought. If you want to do that you should be in college or something.
Maybe it's because we are embarassed for ourselves in the presence of intellligence. Maybe we just don't think we have time for it. I am seeing it more and more in our teens. They think in short bursts the length of a text message. Just like a sound bite on the news. No context, just sayin' and then on the the next snippet. I believe we are losing the ability to engage our brains. I know I am. That's part fo the reason for writing this blog. To show you that I have lost my ability to think.... No, wait, that's not what I'm doing. I am writing to keep myself thinking.

That's all for now. I have lost interest in this.....

1 comment: