Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kharma over here

I read a bumper sticker that said, "My kharma ran over your dogma." Presumably this person has an eastern outlook on spirituality. In my experience this person also either has had a bad experience with Christianity or never really understood it.
The idea that their mass of good works has created a universal backwash of good tidings for themselves and has in turn overrun the dead teachings of the Church probably makes one feel a little better about themselves. What they don't realize is that the true Church isn't based in dogma but in doctrine.
Dogma is a littany of things you do and believe just because. It is a holy "Because I said so!" doctrine on the other hand is a beautifully crafted and perfectly functioning system of beliefs based in fact. It is the Bugatti Veyron on the highway of life. I can ony guess that kharma is a Toyota Prius, maybe a Kharmann Ghia. There, that makes me feel a a little better about myself.

See the Bugatti Veyron video here http://www.metacafe.com/watch/422697/bugatti_veyron_on_top_gear/

No comments:

Post a Comment